Movers - crown - dethroned ????

Guest The Greens

Guest The Greens

I see a few people posting about delivery firms this week and so as I said I would, I am going to speak up about what happened to us. Firstly, let me say the sound help I have had from this web site is invaluable. You can not put a price on it. As well as that you speak with nice people with first hand experience of the move to Oz.

I took the recommendation about removal firms and chose Crown. 2 sides to this story.

UK - Unbelievable. The most professional service you could wish for. 3 guy’s, 1 in charge 1 like a middle man and a young lad. Great little team, friendly yet not over bearing, took so much care in everything they packed. Went beyond the call of duty, even helped us move things that were staying behind. Took 2 days with it all, marked everything up and packed it off in the container. We were on first name terms, they enjoyed a few teas and a home made cake my neighbour baked for us all. Great atmosphere, and I walked in on a conversation in which they were saying to my Sis, what a lovely couple we were. (How lovely is that, and its true.)

Brisbane. Oh boy!! Utter crap (sorry Cal but it’s true) We made the appointment and they were due 9.30am. Sadly the goods were arriving on the day I was on a day induction at my new job, but Tony was more than happy to get me out of the way. They arrived 10.20am. And left 12.45pm. 1 man Who had forgotten more than we will ever know and a lad who apparently spoke about 3 times in the period they were here. Does that tell you anything.? We paid for a service of pack, remove and ship and at the other end, deliver install, unwrap, assemble and put in place and take away the packaging. I arrived home that afternoon to find the house still full of boxes, not a mess but plenty of work needed. :no:

Now my O/H is no fool and I love him to death, but how I didn’t bash him over the head with a saucepan or something I don’t know. I saw the house and couldn't believe it. What’s happened, I said, I’m stunned, I don’t believe this. What comes the reply from O/H. All the boxes were just dumped in the house, only the bed had been put together, bedside tables were just standing there without handles on and all through the house it was like this. Tony’s explanation was “The man had 2 other jobs to go too Em and he was really busy and the next job was a packing job and he just had to go.” :arghh: I screamed and there was a right row. (hope the neighbours didn’t hear- what a start!!) Anyhow, in fairness to Tony he had a lot of the work under control, and had unwrapped the vast majority of things as well as taking 2 other deliveries from traders in Oz where we had bought some things. In total we had 90 items box's crates etc., out of the 90 boxes, 48 were still here. I went absolutely bananas. Tony was too kind to them, and being a builder nothing like this phases him. He did say the guy was moaning so much he was fed up with him and rather than cause a row with him, he allowed the guy to leave as it was easier to get on with it himself. They were even leaving without opening one of the crates, luckily Tony spotted that and borrowed a wrench to open it with just as they were about to go. They were diabolical.

The next morning I was all set to go to their place and play holy hell. But I calmed myself down. I telephoned their office and someone was going to call me back. Nothing happened. Eventually I rang again and someone did call me back. In short, I told them I thought their service was a disgrace. They arranged to return to the house and remove all the boxes, and it seemed as though this was a common way in which they do this, because it was they who offered that before I had got around to demanding it.

I don’t want to sound like a whinging pom here but if you pay for something you expect the full service. We were given a load of garbage by the sales guy in England how they colour code everything and make sure everything goes into the right place for you. The guys at the Brisbane end had no idea or desire to do this and couldn't wait to get the job out of the way.

As for future use, well? We have brought only half our goods this time, and in a years time we will either be bringing the remainder or returning back to England, depending on how things go and what decision we make. Would I use Crown again? I don’t know. The way they performed here doesn’t give me a lot of confidence to be bothered with them, however will any other firm be different. One drawback I have found in Brissy is the work ethic. Everyone wants to finish early, everything takes time and happens in a few days or next week. For example, the Telstra guy turned up early, 11.30am because he had done all his calls and was finishing for the day. The Car tint place wanted us to collect the car 3pm cos they were shutting at 4pm. So maybe Crown are no different to anyone else in this part of the World. Certainly know one here that I have met are suffering from work related stress.

Sorry this has gone on a bit, but I hope it will help others. There is a serious side to this, it's a big part of your migration and your possessions are so important.

• Don’t listen to all the crap the sales guy in the UK gives you.
  • Definitely don’t take their Insurance, buy a marine policy yourself.

• Then at this end just make sure they know before they open the lorry what you are expecting, and if there’s a problem, don’t start emptying the lorry get on the phone and speak to the management in Crown or whoever. Don’t let some little Tom Dick or Harry mess you around just because he wants a job out of the way.

The good news was no items were lost or broken, and by the next evening my man had everything assembled, new washer plumbed in, plugs changed and all was rosy. A right big head, but He’s a treasure really!! And a glass of wine and I was back to stress free.

EMMY

Guest Pinhead

I'm so glad I'm not taking anything other than suitcases with me, seems like a complete nightmare using removal firms.

Guest zambezi15

THANKS FOR THE TIP WE WONT USE THEM FOR OZ. THIS IS THE SORT OF ADVISE I REALY APPRECIATE, AS WE HAVE LOADS OF STUFF. MIND YOU WE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE MOVING HERE TO THE UK AFTER BEING ON AN EXPAT JOB.. WE PAID. BUT WHEN IT CAME TO DELIVERY THEY COMPLAINED MY FURNITURE WAS TOO HEAVY, SO MOI .A MIDDLE AGED FEMALE MANAGED TO CARRY WHAT THE DELICATE- BOYS COULDN'T. (Have all the real men emigrated). YET, I INSISTED THAT THEY HAD ENOUGH STAFF TO CARRY THE BULKY STUFF AND THIS WAS STIPULATED THE CONTRACT. THANKS AGAIN.

Guest Karen K

It seems its pot luck with which shipping company you use and which area you arrive at. Glad your all sorted now and thanks for the feed back. At the moment Pickfords seems to be the best. I was let down by Meridian today, they didn't even bother to ring let alone turn up, oh well there loss. XX

Guest jchrisj
The Cheeky Buggars are even on an advert below my post!! Waz going on!!! :arghh:

theyre comming to get you..........................Be afraid,,,,,,,,,,, be very afraid.

Sorry, too many scary movies going on in this house!

Chris:radar:

Guest zambezi15

I see someone else is using Pickfords, I have used them on a long haul once excellent, nice to know they do Aussie

LOL, you dont need to appologise to me ,,Irecommend them cause they did me proud and many others on here but i didnt have the unpack service ,just dump em and run ,we didnt have much so there wasnt much point ,i would have been mad like you if i returned home to a load of boxes instead of assembled furniture!! At least you got everything to the door in one piece ,guess thats half the battle!!lol ,,good luck with shipment 2 maybe take it up with head office in the Uk and tell them you want shipment 2 sending at cost price,lol, you may as well try to get something out of them!

Cal x

Guest The Greens
We used Crown and have nothing but praise for them both sides of the pond..We had the best service from start to finish..I am returning to England in March and having some more stuff shipped over..Wont go with anyone else other than Crown. I have heard horror stories from other shippers, also the same shippers come highly recommended so I guess it is just luck of the draw sometimes..

x

Hi Jo, I agree with you, luck of the draw. I have read so many good reports here about Crown, I really wasn't interested in going elsewhere and as I said, back in England they were faultless. I do know they have had a lot of changeover in staff in Brissy this year, and the lady coordinating from there Kirsty, has left, so who knows maybe the changes of staff have made a difference. But honestly, what I have written is exactly how they were with our shipment, and to arrive and be gone in two and a half hours says it all.

Sorry to hear you’re moving back to the UK. If you don't mind me asking, is there any reason inparticular that made you decide that, because I have read so many of your posts (especially the banter with people like Scarletfever) and you seemed to love life here.

Good luck with all your decisions and our best wishes for the future,

Emmy and Tony Green

Guest The Greens
LOL, you dont need to appologise to me ,,Irecommend them cause they did me proud and many others on here but i didnt have the unpack service ,just dump em and run ,we didnt have much so there wasnt much point ,i would have been mad like you if i returned home to a load of boxes instead of assembled furniture!! At least you got everything to the door in one piece ,guess thats half the battle!!lol ,,good luck with shipment 2 maybe take it up with head office in the Uk and tell them you want shipment 2 sending at cost price,lol, you may as well try to get something out of them!

Cal x

Hi Cal,

As Jo says, it's luck of the draw, and there was no damage or loss so why complain. I'm lucky having a handy man around who sorts everything out while I'm hitting the roof. What I'll do next time is make sure I'm here if we use them and that the agenda is crystal clear before they start. :twitcy: I have let them know in Birmingham though that from our experience, they are not carrying out all the pledges made by the sales exec when he surveys your home and promises so much. Lets hope it improves for the better and fir people coming over in the future.

Cheers,

EMMY

Guest Kirsty Collingwood

Hi The Greens,

My name is Kirsty Collingwood, I'm the Marketing Manager at Crown Relocations in the UK. I've read your comments regarding your move to Brisbane and obviously your situation is a cause of concern, as we take quality and the satisfaction of our customers very seriously.

In order to address your situation, investigate it with our Brisbane office, and ensure it dosn't happen to any of our customers in the future, I'm wondering if you'd mind sending me an email with your details and Crown reference number? I will ensure this is passed on to a member of senior management, who will look into it for you.

I'd like to apologise for this issue and hope that we can satisfactorily address it for you. If anybody else has any questions or queries please do feel free to get in touch with me directly. My email address is kcollingwood@crownrelo.com.

Thanks an kind regards,

Kirsty

Hi The Greens,

My name is Kirsty Collingwood, I'm the Marketing Manager at Crown Relocations in the UK. I've read your comments regarding your move to Brisbane and obviously your situation is a cause of concern, as we take quality and the satisfaction of our customers very seriously.

In order to address your situation, investigate it with our Brisbane office, and ensure it dosn't happen to any of our customers in the future, I'm wondering if you'd mind sending me an email with your details and Crown reference number? I will ensure this is passed on to a member of senior management, who will look into it for you.

I'd like to apologise for this issue and hope that we can satisfactorily address it for you. If anybody else has any questions or queries please do feel free to get in touch with me directly. My email address is kcollingwood@crownrelo.com.

Thanks an kind regards,

Kirsty

Wow Kirsty that is good customer services and what a pleasure it is to see a Company come onto a public forum with the confidence to say they will look into the complaint.

Emmy keep us updated

And to Crown, we are moving on the 8th December, are we leaving it a little late for quotations??? Can't seem to get my head around it all at the moment

oh and if you can find out who the team were that went to Emmy's can you make sure we don't have them lol

Thanks Kim

Guest Jaynie

Wow Kirsty that is good customer services and what a pleasure it is to see a Company come onto a public forum with the confidence to say they will look into the complaint.

Emmy keep us updated

And to Crown, we are moving on the 8th December, are we leaving it a little late for quotations??? Can't seem to get my head around it all at the moment

oh and if you can find out who the team were that went to Emmy's can you make sure we don't have them lol

Thanks Kim

Kim that's classic, clicked ya chick for that one!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Emmy keep us updated

Thanks Kim

Kim

We had Crown round last week and they told us they only need around 2-3 weeks notice to ship, hope that helps!

Kim

We had Crown round last week and they told us they only need around 2-3 weeks notice to ship, hope that helps!

Thanks for that as I didnt really want to get quotes until my OH cleared the garage and they could see exactly what was coming. That helps lots thanks

Jaynie arr thanks for clicking my chicken, I think it was in need :wubclub:

Guest The Greens
Hi The Greens,

Thanks an kind regards,

Kirsty

That’s really good PR Kirsty and well done to you and thank you for your interest.

Tony my O/H has already passed the full details on to Crown in the UK, to the people we dealt with there. I let him deal with that as he was there when the guys delivered so he could relate the whole thing first hand to them. We had all our gear intact and they came a few days later and removed all the boxes so I was happy with the final outcome. I was just a bit shocked at the initial cheek of them here, but from what I am picking up, it’s just something we have to adapt to as the work ethic in Brisbane appears very different to what we have been used too back in England, far more laid back. So we are happy to just leave it at that and not make any further drama out of it, the last thing we want to do is go upsetting any Aussies out here if we can avoid it. :biglaugh:

Thanks again, and best wishes,

EMMY

We used Crown last year Man to Syd then Syd to Wagga (480 km from Sydney) they came when they said they would, they were 10 mins early. We had 157 boxes all went in the rooms they were supposed to and even helped hubby to put the beds up for the kids as they had nothing else on that day (and they enjoyed the bacon butties) only a 5 hour drive back to Sydney. They promised to come back the week after to take all the boxes away and they did...even told us where to go to get rid of the stuff they couldn't take. Nothing was damaged, broken or missing. We just went with a gut feeling and were lucky it paid off.

Lol xx

Guest mandy1

Hi

Just wanted to say we used Crown for our move to Perth in February and we were very impressed with their service, everything arrived intact and on time & the staff both in the UK & in Oz were friendly & helpful

Mandy x

Archived